Monday, September 6, 2010

My Garden - Update

Well I haven't kept you updated on my front garden like I promised in April, but I have been taking pictures!  Here's what it looked like then...

By mid-May, the columbine was blooming and the foxgloves had started as well.

The rose of sharon by our front door was also showing signs of life - a good thing as it was a gift from my parents.  My mom would have been fairly disappointed if I couldn't keep it alive.  She is much better at gardening than I am!

There was a huge change in the foxgloves by the beginning of June!

Two weeks later, the garden looked like this, with all the dianthus in full bloom!

I added some filler plants (I forget the name) to the rose of sharon pot by the front door as it was looking a little sparse.  (Please excuse that garden hose - I should have moved it!)

I didn't take any more pictures until the end of August, when I had cleaned up the bloomed-out foxgloves and daisies.  The echinacea is blooming there on the right.

And the rose of sharon finally has flowers on it - it has been going like crazy!

I am thinking of changing a few things next spring.  I will be pulling out the daisies as they fell over when they were flowering and smothered the dianthus for about three weeks before I intervened.  There are also some butterfly bushes on the far left that I will replace as well... I'm just not sure what I'll replace them with!  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment